Things to Know About Taking CNCC Classes at MHS for the very FIRST Time
STEP #1: Apply for the College Opportunity Fund
- Students MUST register for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) PRIOR to taking any CNCC Coursework. for the FIRST time.
- You only register for (COF) one time.
- COF asks students for personal family information to establish Colorado residency. It is best if parents assist their student(s) throughout this process
Step #2: Apply to CNCC
- FIRST TIME Students MUST Apply to CNCC
- Click on the "Start Here" button
- Choose "No" you have not previously attended CNCC
- Click "create account" to begin the application process
- Create a USERNAME and PASSWORD for the application process (this allows you to save your progress and log back in to complete it)
- Enter the student's FULL, LEGAL NAME (begin the name with a capital letter. Spell it correctly)
- Choose the Semester you will begin taking classes
- If the student is a US citizen, select that option
- Enter the Student's Social Security Number with no hyphens or dashes.
- Click CONTINUE
- The next screen shows an application checklist. Begin by choosing the first item on the list.
- HINT: In the section about academic intent, you will choose "take courses for concurrent HS and college credit" in the first box. Enter "earn a 2 year degree" in the second box. Choose "Associate of Arts" in the degree box. Select "none of the above" in the degree concentration box.
- The Concurrent Enrollment legislation requires that any course you take through the concurrent enrollment program be part of a degree program. Choosing these options in NO WAY requires you to complete an entire program at CNCC or elsewhere
- The residency requirement must be completed - this portion requires students to provide information about their parents' Colorado residency status
- Make SURE to allow CNCC to access your COF information
- After completing the process a student should receive a confirmation screen stating your STUDENT NUMBER and residency status. PRINT THIS PAGE AND SAVE FOR YOUR RECORDS!